Become a Member of the IDF
Why Join us?
Doctors who are members of the IDF become part of an increasingly large and more influential organisation that is better equipped to deal with the many and varied issues facing independent doctors than those acting in isolation.
There are many professional advantages for doctors who are IDF members:
- An Executive Committee that lobbies parliament, government organisations, insurance companies and regulatory authorities on behalf of its members
- An active and regular social and educational programme. See Calendar of Events
- An approved Appraisal System by trained appraisers for those seeking separate independent practice appraisal
- A Responsible Officer to whom members must relate if they qualify to do so under the Responsible Officer Regulations
- An independent Complaint Resolution Procedure for member doctors
- A monthly e-bulletin which keeps members updated on current events of interest and reports on meetings
- Personal profile page on the IDF Website
- Mentoring help for those new to independent practice
If you would like to join the IDF please complete our online application form, which can be accessed via the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of this page. All applications are put before the IDF Executive Committee for consideration and must be completed 10 days ahead of the Executive Committee reviewing applications. For details of Executive Committee review dates please see the Calendar of Events.
A non-refundable Application Fee of £100 is due at the time of applying. This must be paid by credit card.
The Annual Subscription for Membership is £325 for those practising in London (within the M25) and £225 for those practising outside London. Please note Annual Subscriptions must be paid by direct debit from a UK bank account.
If you have any queries about joining the IDF please Contact Us.